How to Drink Horsetail to Lose Weight
Do you know how to drink horsetail to lose weight?
In recent years, several slimming horsetail recipes have become popular. Although this plant has been used since ancient times for medicinal purposes, it has gained fame as a supplement for those who want to lose weight.
Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is a plant that belongs to the Equisetaceaefamily. It’s characterized by its 7 to 23 inch round, rough, and ribbed stems. In addition, it’s a nonflowering plant.
From a nutritional standpoint, it’s known for the flavonoids, phytosterols, vitamins, and minerals it contains. Also, it contains salicylic acid, caffeic acid, and other substances with diuretic, detoxifying, and anti-inflammatoryproperties.
Why can this plant help you lose weight?
Although it isn’t a miraculous fat remover, consuming it regularly can benefit you in interesting ways. In this article, we review some of its properties and several easy recipes you can try out to include it in your diet, and drink horsetail to lose weight.
The Properties of Horsetail that May Help You Lose Weight
There are many reasons why you should drink horsetail if you want to lose weight. This well-known herb has the ability to improve the lymphatic and circulatory functions, boosting the processes that help remove fat deposits.
Its diuretic properties fight water retention, a condition that can lead to weight gain. It also promotes the detoxification of organs such as the kidneys and colon, which retain toxins from the environment and foods we eat.
Thanks to the many essential minerals it contains, it regulates electrolyte levels, especially in cases of dehydration. This plant also fights inflammation and re-mineralizes the muscles and bones.
Take a look at this article: Try These Healthy Weekly Weight Loss Menus
How to Take Horsetail to Lose Weight
These horsetail weight loss recipes can be included in your regular diet plan. However, you shouldn’t replace your main meals with them nor consume the plant in excess.
Here, we’ll share the most effective ones.
The classic slimming horsetail recipe can help you during your weight loss journey to lose inches and watch your figure. Due to its concentration of nutrients, it’s a great way to stimulate metabolism and keep your heart healthy.
- 1 teaspoon of dry horsetail (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Pour a teaspoon of horsetail in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the drink, let steep for 10 minutes, and strain.
How to drink
- Drink mid-morning and again in the afternoon.
- Drink up to three cups a day.
Horsetail, Artichoke, and Lemon Drink
In this recipe, horsetail‘s diuretic properties combine with the components of artichoke and lemon to help you lose weight effectively. This interesting drink detoxes the body and improves liver function.
On the other hand, it favors fat breakdown process and helps alkalize the body. Furthermore, it fights excess swelling and minimizes fat nodules that lead to cellulite in the legs, buttocks, and abdomen.
- 1 artichoke
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of horsetail (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- Cut the artichoke into pieces and boil the pieces in a pot with the cups of water.
- Once it boils, lower the heat and add the horsetail.
- After two or three minutes, remove from heat.
- Then, let it steep for 15 minutes and strain.
- Finally, serve it and add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
How to drink
- Drink a cup on an empty stomach and again in the afternoon.
- Drink horsetail for two weeks in a row, rest for two weeks, and then repeat.
Horsetail and Green Tea Infusion
Green tea and horsetail are two of the best weight loss supplements. Both ingredients boost metabolism and increase energy expenditure.Furthermore, they detoxify and remove fluid effectively.
In fact, this natural beverage stimulates blood circulation and reduces the appearance of cellulite. Also, it fights bloating and constipation.
Take a look at this article: Learn About The Amazing Effects of Horsetail
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of dry horsetail (7 g)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (5 g)
- Boil a cup of water and, when it reaches its boiling point, add the horsetail and green tea.
- Lower the heat and then remove from heat after five minutes.
- Finally, let it steep and then strain.
How to drink
- Drink mid-morning, when you have food cravings.
- If you like, drink again in the afternoon.
As with almost all dietary supplements, horsetail is safe when consumed moderately in a short period of time. However, it’s important to know its side effects or contraindications:
- Don’t take it if you’re suffering from vitamin B deficiency or alcoholism.
- Don’t consume it in excess because it can affect the kidneys.
- Pregnant women and children should avoid it.
- In the case of liver and kidney disease, it’s best to consult a doctor before taking these remedies.
- People with high blood pressure or heart problems shouldn’t consume it.
- Excess consumption can cause diarrhea and gastric discomfort.
Don’t hesitate to try horsetail today! As you can see, it’s easy to make and has many benefits.
Before consuming it, however, you need to make sure that you don’t belong to the group of people that should avoid it. If you’re in the clear, start including it in your diet today!